Superhero (Just A Wishful Thinking)



     Here I go again; I have to save you from the world's cruel ways. How many times do I have to tell you that I can only pretend that I don't care when I know for certain that you are the only thing that matters to me? You know I can't let you down. I am always here. I have been by your side every now and then. And there is no way I'm going to leave you.


     I love watching you dream. I saw you last night while I was watching you sleep. Your dreams are bursting out from your head. And you smile. Suddenly I knew I was alive. And I'm going to live forever. Because seeing that little spark of hope in your face is all I ever needed. So please don't tell me you have to wake up, 'coz I don't want to know. I am not going! Not until the sun comes up. Your face: it's the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. You look like an angel asleep. How can people be so cruel to someone like you? But don't worry. Here in my arms, you are safe. You'll never cry again. I will never let them touch you. And tonight, I'm making myself a promise. I am going to be on your rescue no matter what the situation will be. These manicured fingers will hold you and will never let you fall. I will shelter you from harm in the shadow of my broken wings. Just keep believing even though the world will never ever understand why this union was built between us. Because your name is the only name I call at the edge of the cliff every time I feel like jumping. And all of a sudden, I want to live. I want to stay. Because I know you need me.


      Up, up and away I go. But do you realize that you are my superhero? Because there's nothing I can do without you. All these strength and super powers are because of you. And I want to stay with you forever. Even if the time comes that I can't fly anymore, my hand will always be wide open to catch you if you fall. I don't mind what people say. Sure they'll all laugh at us, but we'll just laugh along because we both know that none of them have felt this way. I will never mind because I love you and you are the only thing that matters to me. Someday we will be free. We can stand under the rain without a care. We will hold hands in front of the whole world. We can walk the streets with our heads above the mess all those people made because nothing can break us. Not even Kryptonite! Not a thing.


      The world will never stop from turning. And people will never change. But we can forget everything else as long as we are together. And someday, all the stars in the sky will be ours. We will make our own constellations and I won't argue how you want to put our stars altogether. We will dance 'til we get tired while Milky Way shines beneath our feet. We will watch all the planets collide but we will spare the green one because it is where we learned to love. It is where we became what we are. It is where you became my superhero.

0 comments:

Post a Comment