Two Is Better Than Three

   

      So maybe I am jealous. And the more I pretend that I'm not, the more I become bitter and all. I have always been very vocal when I'm liking someone. Be it a simple crush or when I find a guy cute, I'd tell him that. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe if I could only keep my mouth shut once and for all, things wouldn't be this complicated.


     I know Prince likes someone already. OK, I am going to be totally honest, I'm aware he's in love with someone already. It sucks big time! But I am not trying to fit my self to some place where I know I cannot. I'm sick of fitting squares in circles. And I know for certain that  there's no sense trying to.


     In all fairness to him, he is very honest. He was brutally honest when he told me how he feel. He didn't play charades or mind games, instead he went straight to the point. He made it plain and simple. Crystal clear. He don't like me. And I admire him for his courage to say it to me without reluctance or hesitation. He's so brave to break a heart just like that.



     "Hanggang kaibigan lang ang kaya kong ibigay sa'yo." I remember him say.


     I was badly hurt, if you wanna know the truth. I was shattered. But what can I do? I fell in love in the first place! It is my bad to begin with. I was hurt, but not surprised at all. I always knew this is where it's heading and I've seen it coming. I have been through a lot of this bullshit! But did I ever learn? In this game where even before they pull the trigger to signal the start, the already have the verdict where everybody knows I'm gonna lose. In this game called love, when will I ever learn? 


     "Mahal na mahal kita. Alam mo ba 'yon?"


     I texed him last night. He's not texting me since his birthday celebration last Saturday. I was think he's still mad, and I wasn't anticipating for a reply. We were in the cheerleading practice that whole day and he was ignoring me, gave me the cold shoulders, he was snobbish and all. I thought he doesn't want to talk to me.


     "Oo."


      A text reply came in to my mobile. I was relieved. The bliss, the relief that he finally texted me overwhelmed me. I was just staring at the text message for a heavenly couple of minutes, trying my best to consume the word as if reading it for the first time.


      A smile slowly crept on my lips as tears started falling down my face. I never knew that from the moment I fell in love with him, all I need to know is that he realize how I feel. Of course I want to hear those three words from him, but little did I know that those two letters were enough. I don't mind what's gonna happen next. All I know is that I am contented to know that he knows I love him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment