Pussycat, Pussycat Look What You Did


Pussycat, Pussycat
where have you been?

Dear Pussycat,

     How are you? It's me, the little mouse! I hope you're OK. As of me, I've just got better. I was in a chase recently. There's this another cat who tried to slay me. Yes, she freakin' tried to kill me. But no worries now, I escaped anyway. I ran as fast as I never thought I could and got away. That chase is over now, she'll never come back. Hey Pussycat, I was really scared. I almost thought it was my end. That cat was really fierce. She's brutal! I wonder how she manage to look that scary with those gorgeous eyes and fluffy, white fur. she actually look like an angel  — an angel cat for that matter. 

     I know it's natural for cats. I know it's animal instinct for your kind to go chasing after mice — and all other creatures smaller than you. That's what I don't like so much about cats. But I understand that. Cats are created to be fierce hunters, at least that's what I've heard. And to tell you the truth, I think you're nice. You look like a friendly cat. I hope you can be nice to me. And I hope we can be friends.

   Me,
Little Mouse


I have been to London
to look for the Queen


Dear Pussycat,

     What's up? I heard you have been here in London. I hope to see you when you come back. I will tell you things about London and the queen. And I'm so excited to hear from you too! There's something I'd tell you about, but it's a little secret so I'd tell you when I see you.

     Hey Pussycat, can I ask you why do you want to see the queen? I reckon you're admiring her. Well, the queen is a very tall lady, taller than a little mouse like me. Taller in very many ways. Taller than any height I could only dream I'd reach. She's really great, she's powerful and all. 

     I live in her castle. Right under her chair. I'm telling you so you know where to find me.

     Pussycat, I hope there's no chasing this time. I'm so tired of running away from cats. My feet are blistered and toes are bruised. My toenails are gnarled, fur tangled and in ugly shape. My eyes are swollen from crying, heart's broken by fear. I'm just sick of chase. I want us to be friends.

     I can't wait to see you. I'm waiting.

Me,
Little Mouse
P.S.
I hope you see the queen soon! 


Pussycat, Pussycat
what did you do there?


Dear Pussycat,

     I heard you didn't see the queen, but found the prince instead. You know, Pussycat, the prince is not just another prince. He is the nicest prince I have ever known. The queen is very proud of her.

     Hey Pussycat, like I say, he's not just a prince. . He is my prince! Did I tell you I'm in love with him? I always stare at him from afar. I always wish I could creep up to his feet and sit on his shoulder. I always wish I could kiss him on the cheek and whisper in his ear. He is my prince, I only hope you realize. 

     Pussycat, I know he likes you. You're a very, very lucky cat! I wish you give him all the best in this world. Love him the way I do. Please, never hurt him. Because I've seen him cry, and I promised myself I'd always make him happy -- if he'd give me a chance to. Cheer him up when he's sad, is that OK?

     Pussycat, I know you're way better than I am. You are a cat, I am just a little mouse. So I'm setting him free. I'm giving you my prince. Because he loves you and I know you make him happy. I won't argue. I won't put up a fight. But I am going to be honest. I wish you never came to London at all. I wish you never met my prince. I wish you stayed where you came from where cats are beautiful. Where cats are popular. Where cats are taken care of. But oh, right, you are taken care of here. The prince takes care of you. 

     Pussycat, please take care of my prince. I hope you're not like other cats I know. He's all yours if you promise you'll make him happy. I'm giving up. Not that I don't love him anymore. I'm just sick of chase! I'm tired of running away from cats like you. I have no choice. I have to give up.

Me,
Little Mouse
P.S.
You frightened the little mouse
under the chair

0 comments:

Post a Comment