Giving Up, When It's Necessary, Is Already A Proof How Much We Love A Person

January 24, 2011
10:08 p.m.




     Whenever I sit alone in my room, I find myself thinking about the things that happened recently. I still clearly picture in my head Cristopher's face after Ramil told him the bitter truth.

     I love Tophe so much! And though I perfectly know that I am only a sabit in their clique, I feel for them big time. I remember the first time someone told me to back off. . It was really a surprise because it is a friend who have to say that.

     "Kahit mahal mo s'ya, kung talagang hindi kayo pwede 'wag mo nang ipilit." It wasn't the first time I have ever heard that but then hearing that from a friend and that time around it was addressed to me, I felt sick and sorry for myself. 
     Trying to prove myself that I know better and that it is only me who can tell when to stop, I thought about it over and over again. Until I finally realized what my friend was trying to say. It is as simple as this, if your feet cannot fit into a shoe, don't force them inside. It's only going to hurt your toes and you cannot walk well with it.

     As a friend, of course I didn't want to hurt Tophe by adding up to what Ramil has just told him. So I kept myself from saying what I think. He was hurt, I can tell.

     Sitting here in my bedroom, I realize that sometimes it's better to hurt your friends with the truth than to make them smile with lies. Though I still don't know how to bring this up to Tophe, I want to tell him that we love him and that what we say is for him. We don't want to be trapped in a love that we know will only hurt us, everybody will agree to that. It's OK to hope for something better but we must also learn when to stop hoping and when to let go. Love is love and we do a freakin' lot of stupid things for it's sake. And sometimes, the more we are overwhelmed by love, the more we tend to fight for it and keep on loving even if it hurts. But we must also remember that giving up, when it's necessary, is already a proof how much we love a person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment